Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Litha - Getting Ready


I'm getting all my supplies ready for the next celebration; Litha, the Mid summer holiday celebrating the summer solstice.

Writing up my ritual, recipes and activities in my BOS.
Sometimes this is one of the best parts of the holiday, the preparation, decorating, the excitment!




Supplies I will be gathering;


Dark Blue candles for my altar
Lavender Incense (a scent I prefer) although Sandalwood would be good also.
Red ribbon (for crafts,activities)
Colored feathers, 3 ft.yarn Red, Black White for Witch's Ladder
Flowers; Aster, Birds of Paradise,Carnation,Dianthus
Herbs; some from the garden and some from my local go-to place. ( luna sol esoterica)




  * Wood Betony [or Basil]
  * Chamomile
  * Fennel [or Lavender] depending on what incense I use
  * Lemon Balm [or dianthus/carnation]  I love to add dianthus in
                                                             our salads this time of year
  * Mullein
  * Rue
  * Thyme
  * St. John;s Wort
  * Vervain


Activities:


Protection Amulets (more Rue/Rowan)



To see those Mid Summer Nite Fairies,



image fromBrie/Faeryhalls  

Soak Thyme in Olive Oil and anoint your eyelids.

Make a Solar Wheel, 
Witch's Ladder



Anyway these are just a few things, hope they are making you as excited about the up coming holiday as I am.

How are you getting ready?


Resources;
paganwiccan.about.com
Books by Ann Moura - "Grimoire for the Green Witch"
www.annmourasgarden.com


                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment